Wednesday, June 20, 2012

One more day

I'm releasing the first song tomorrow, which is really exciting. I hope you all like it. So, while, when the Pen Saga is going, this post would normally consist of the winning guess, I just thought I'd share some of the music that I really like right now. So, here are my five favorite songs at the moment:

1. The Beach Boys released their 50th anniversary career retrospective, and I got it at Walmart. It's one of the only CD's I think that we've bought lately, other than The Suburbs. Everything else has been on MP3. Anyway, I love the Beach Boys and I have this on loop right now, and I'm slowly learning how to play it. Emphasis on slowly. This song is brilliant, albeit never meant to be played on mandola. Love it.


2. Arcade Fire is my favorite band, and one of their songs will always be in my top five. Lately I've been listening to their earliest demos from 2001. I tried to find them online, and it was practically impossible outside of youtube. I think my favorite thing about them is the ambience, not too mention how the soul inherent in their music is preserved from album to album. This song might not be the best thing they've ever written, but there's something about it right now that I just find totally addictive right now:





2.5. Another song, that is tied with the other one...


3. Tyler Schad, from our band Cliff Letters, introduced me to this. They opened up for his favorite band in Denver. I am yet to actually pony up and buy the song, but I'm going to. I just don't have, "money", so that's forestalled. Anyway, Yellow Ostrich=great band.


4. Alameda is a band I have been addicted to since I found them in the Colorado Springs Independent, and I listen to them whenever I need to write. They use some truly gorgeous arrangements and instruments in some great ways. Check them out, and get their album: http://alamedaportland.bandcamp.com




5. Emery, The Movie Song. I don't think this is Emery's best song. But I do think Emery is yet another great band, with some great music, and since I'm drawing from music I've listened to this week, rather than in my life, I am sharing this one.



So, there you have it; the five songs that I am digging right now. First song is out tomorrow! I hope you're excited, because I am!





No comments:

Post a Comment